Being a Personal Assistant
Personal Assistants operate from a variety of different environments and encompass a wide range of roles. Whether working from a private residence or within a family office, Personal Assistants manage the daily scheduling, errand running, and ad hoc projects for and on behalf of a principal directly. Personal assistants may work independently or as part of a larger team. They may also report to a higher level domestic manager such as a House Manager or Chief of Staff, while some Personal assistants report directly to the principal.
- Assisting with calendar planning, scheduling, travel coordination, and meeting logistics
- Coordinating various private functions and events
- Answering calls and responding to emails from vendors, contractors, staff members, and coworkers on various issues
- Working in tandem with various other domestic staff
- Preparing and tracking expenses, inventories, gifting, schedules, etc.
- Impeccable attention to detail, meticulous in coordination and scheduling
- Ability to exercise quick and accurate judgement on behalf of principal
- Technologically savvy, able to manage and troubleshoot various communication and organizational platforms