Being a Private Chef
Private Chefs are responsible for all culinary operations within a residence, most commonly for lunches and dinners daily, as well as for all special events. They must be willing and comfortable working with various dietary restrictions and food sensitivities while offering a wide variety of menus and meals. Find Private Chef Jobs in Los Angeles, New York City, Hamptons, and Palm Beach now.
- Preparing daily meals for the principals and their guests with a focus on dietary restrictions, preferences and needs
- Providing coverage for the entire culinary operation from menu planning, to shopping, prepping, cooking, plating, service, clearing and post-meal kitchen clean up
- Ensuring the kitchen is properly stocked at all times. Maintaining inventories of supply levels, equipment, expiry dates and on-hand ingredients
- Familiarity with many different cuisines and dietary restrictions
- Ability to work at different levels of volume and flexibility to quickly adjust timing, quantities, and meal plans based on guests
- Advance menu planning