Being a Private Chef
Private Chefs are responsible for all culinary operations within a residence, most commonly for lunches and dinners daily, as well as for all special events. The Private Chef must be willing and comfortable working with various dietary restrictions and food sensitivities while offering a wide variety of menus and meals.
- Preparing daily meals for the principals and their guests with a focus on dietary restrictions, preferences and needs
- Providing coverage for the entire culinary operation from menu planning, to shopping, prepping, cooking, plating, service, clearing and post-meal kitchen clean up
- Ensuring the kitchen is properly stocked at all times. Maintaining inventories of supply levels, equipment, expiry dates and on-hand ingredients
- Familiarity with many different cuisines and dietary restrictions
- Ability to work at different levels of volume and flexibility to quickly adjust timing, quantities, and meal plans based on guests
- Advance menu planning