Being a Laundress
Laundresses are dedicated to the oversight and management of clothing and linens through expert care, wardrobe management and seamstress duties. This role also generally encompasses all in house dry cleaning services inclusive of the laundering and care of the gentleman’s shirts and suits.
- Providing expert daily care for all in-residence laundry and family wardrobes including hand-washing, dry cleaning, tailoring, etc.
- Detailed ironing, steaming and pressing of men’s dress shirts, silk blouses, luxury bedding and table linens with proper packing and storage
- Preparing clothing and family wardrobes for travel through expert packing, unpacking and transportation arrangements
- Resolving laundry-based issues such as stain and spot removal, fabric mending, alterations and repair
- Comfortable handling fine garments inclusive of delicate fabrics and couture pieces
- Able and willing to be part of a team environment
- Exceptional organization skills and management of wardrobe, jewelry and accessory inventories