Being a Housekeeper
Housekeepers are responsible for the deep-cleaning and surface care within a residence in tandem with laundry duties and light meal preparation and/or service. Housekeepers may work independently under the direct supervision of a principal or within a larger team dependent on the size and formality of the home.
- Daily museum-quality deep cleaning with proficiency in special surfaces
- Following the household manual and adhering to appropriate protocols as provided by managerial staff
- Full-service laundry including washing, ironing, steaming, pressing and mending of garments; changing sheets, making beds and turn-down service
- Packing and unpacking for travel, as well as residence-wide organization
- Floral arrangements and table settings
- Providing formal service for events and gatherings in conjunction with additional service staff
- Meticulous in all matters of keeping residence in pristine condition
- Ability to care for fine surfaces such as antiques, art, silver, etc.
- Willingness to work in ever changing environments inclusive of children and pets