Being a Gallery Assistant
Gallery Assistants oversee all day to day support of gallery and its owners. Assistant must be comfortable corresponding with artists and clients as well as overseeing art handlers, artist liaisons, sales representatives, installers, registrars, and loans. This role must be a strong leader while supporting gallery managers and owners as needed and upon request.
- Maintaining a busy and ever-changing calendar with constant communication and follow-up
- Monitoring business expenses, managing all required travel itineraries / art fair participation etc.
- Management and constant upkeep of client and owner database and related information
- Assisting as an advisor and resource for questions
- Creating and developing relationships with new clients and artists
- Coordinating new art shows; overseeing all aspects of timeline, from new artists to show openings
- Effective and proactive problem-solver; able to analyze situations thoroughly in order to anticipate problems before they arise
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities
- Computer and technology savvy
- Knowledge of fine art, curation, restoration, etc.